Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Time Is (Was) Here!

This Christmas was crazy, crazy baby! Briefly catch you up, then the good stuff...The hubs and I were able to get out for Christmas break at the same time this year, which is awesome, so our few weeks together have been jamponied!

We went to Disney 3 times this break (in two weeks time) and we are planning one more trip before the end next week! We also went to the zoo and the aquarium and to various Christmas events in the area. We saw most of our family members, which usually never happens. Hubby and I also hosted Christmas morning brunch as we do each and every year. I tried to convince him to change it up this year and let someone else take the lead on that event, and I was promptly asked if "I was on crack?" lol... Ooook, I'll take that as a negative on the skipping.

Brianna had her second Christmas, but this was the first one she could actually enjoy and take part in. She loved it all. The lights, all of the people (mainly because she was the center of attention at all times), Disney (of course), the carols, the amazing church service we attended for Christmas Eve, the food (eh, some of it...picky, picky) and of course, the presents. It was so neat watching her little eyes light up with each new experience. It makes Christmas all that more special and meaningful. We started teaching her the story of Jesus' birth this year, and with each manger scene we saw, we would reiterate the story and she listened so intently. My heart is so full. Chad and I absolutely love Christmas time, it's our favorite Holiday, so this season was simply amazing.

As for the loot on Christmas Day: My darling hubby bought me the #1 gift on my list this year, an iPad. I too bought him a pretty awesome gift, some Cole Haan Wingtips! He's been lusting after them for about a year now. He was so excited! When he opened them, he wore them the rest of the day, while in his loungewear! lol... My mom bought us a Keurig (yummmmo) and Chad's parents got us front row seats to Wicked! Woooot! And dinner to boot! As for Miss Bee, she received the gift I always wanted, her very own playroom. Furnished to the max with Land of Nod, IKEA and Melissa and Doug goodies. She is one lucky little girl. I have Stella and Dot to thank for it all. Momma's hard work paid off! The next post will include all the details on the room.

For now, here are some pics of Christmas!
 
Pickin' out her first tree!


The zoo!
 
 
As passholders, we were one of the first people to see New Fantasyland
at Magic Kingdom and meet Princess Ariel!
My dream come true, er, umm, I mean Brie's.

At Hollywood Studios for the Osborne Family Lightshow

Gasp! Really, Mom? All for me?

Daddy's Gift - Wingtips! Nucky Thompson style ;)

Momma's Gift!

Our Christmas Card
The Christmas card in the making.
Love this tutu bum.







No comments:

Post a Comment